REST stands for Representational State Transfer. In simple terms, REST systems do basic CRUD (Create, Read, Update and Delete) operations based on http protocol methods and communications between client and server happen over http protocol. More information can be found here.
JAX-RS specification was introduced under JSR 311 to enable J2EE applications implement REST services with ease and portability.
Few popular implementations of this specification are CXF (by Apache), RESTEasy (by JBoss) and Jersey (by Oracle).
- Create a working example of REST with GET,POST,PUT,DELETE Http methods
JAX-RS request data extraction annotations:
- Capture information in Path URI
- Capture values of Query String and handle optional queries.
- Capture submitted form values
- Capture http request header fields.
- Capture Matrix parameters in URI using different techniques.
XML Binding in JAX-RS
- JAX-RS with JAXB and CXF (without Spring)